Our vision is simple: Learning to Live, Living to Love, Loving to Learn
At Kildwick CE VC primary School we value the individuality of all our children. We are committed to giving all our children every opportunity to achieve the highest of standards in all that they do, underpinned by our deeply Christian ethos. We do this by taking account of pupils’ varied life experiences and needs. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum and have high expectations for all children. Their achievements, attitudes and well-being matter and we offer them the opportunity to discover their gifts and talents given to them by God and experience ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
At Kildwick CE VC Primary School we have six core values that surround our Christian ethos, we encourage our children to recognise these throughout daily school life.
These are the Core Values of Forgiveness, Peace, Friendship, Courage, Trust and Respect
The Biblical underpinning of this is as follows
Learning to Live
John 10 v 10
‘I have come that you might have life abundantly’.
Living to Love
The Greatest Commandment
Matthew 22 v34 -40
Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind’. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is: “Love your neighbour as yourself”.
Loving to Learn
Luke 2 v 46
‘After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions’.
Trusting in God, we aim to:
- Ensure that each child achieves their full potential, discovering their gifts and talents given to them by God.
- Meet the needs of individual children in a caring Christian environment
- Develop supportive links between home, school, church and community
- Develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and respect for all people
- Provide high quality teaching and challenging learning opportunities
- Provide exciting and extensive extra-curricular opportunities enabling children to fully enjoy school life
- Establish high expectations of attitude, behaviour and attainment
- Prepare resilient children for their responsibilities as good citizens and develop their awareness of their role in the wider global community