School meals are cooked on-site at Kildwick School in our own kitchen.
They cost £3.25 per day, £16.25 per week. Meals can be paid weekly, half termly or for a full term.
We use Parent Pay for on-line payments. Notice of at least 2 weeks is needed to cancel school meals as the Cook needs time to cancel ingredients.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all key stage one pupils and to children whose parents receive certain benefits.
From 1 April 2018 the Government introduced new regulations for people claiming free schools meals who receive Universal Credit. The change means that if your net annual earnings are more than £7,400 you will not be eligible to claim free school meals.
Pupils who received free school meals before 1 April 2018 and pupils who are assessed as eligible after 1 April 2018 will continue to receive free school meals until the end of the universal roll out period, which is expected to be March 2022. This applies even if they no longer meet the eligibility criteria at a subsequent point during the roll out period.
At the end of the Universal Credit roll out period, any existing pupil who no longer meets the eligibility criteria will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education, i.e. primary or secondary school.
Qualifying for free school meals
To qualify for free school meals you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC); or
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Please visit the following website to check eligibility.